A Note From Your Treasurer:
‘Tis the season once again! Property Tax Season, that is!
Property tax statements will be mailed to property owners by August 18. The first installment is due by September 30, 2023, and penalty will be assessed beginning October 3.
We have a new payment system so please submit ALL of your payment stubs to ensure your payment is applied accurately and efficiently.
*** If your property is paid by escrow, the statement you received is for your information only. It is not necessary to notify our office that your property is paid by escrow. ***
Following are the payment options available to you:
- Online – Click the link on our homepage! Convenient, immediate confirmation, and no lines!!
- In Office - We accept cash, check or debit/credit card for an additional fee ($2.00 for debit/2.25% for credit). You do not need an appointment to pay property taxes.
- 24/7 Dropbox - Located at the south entrance of the courthouse
- Mail -MUST be postmarked by the due date to avoid 1.5% penalty. We recommend you pay early; mailing on the last day does not guarantee a timely postmark.
- Phone - Credit card payment only for an additional fee of 2.25%
Please visit the Treasurer web page for answers to the most commonly asked questions about taxes, motor vehicles, or drivers license. You may email us anytime at [email protected] or call the office between 8:00 am and 4:30 pm at 641-828-2202. We do experience a high volume of phone calls during this time so please be prepared to leave a voicemail. We will call you back as soon as we can!