The Marion County Auditor's Office has prepared a summary of township information, including budgets dating back to 2008. See our Elected Officials directory for current township clerks and trustees.
Township Officer Duties
Township Officers are elected by the voters of the township who reside outside of the corporate limits of a city. Township officers may be residents of a city within the township. Township officers are elected to serve four-year terms on the General Election ballot.
Township Trustee Duties
- Annually prepare and adopt a budget and certify taxes for the following services:
- Fire & Rescue
- Maintenance of Township Cemeteries
- Township Hall Repairs
- Tort Liability Insurance
- Resolve fence disputes
Township Clerk Duties
- Maintain a record of all proceedings and orders of the trustees
- Maintain records and documents
- Prepare annual Statement of Receipts & Disbursements
We maintain an interactive, searchable listing of current elected township trustees and clerks.