2022 Property Tax Update
A Note From Your Treasurer:
‘Tis the season once again! Property Tax Season, that is.
Property tax statements were mailed to property owners on Wednesday, August 10. The first installment is due by September 30, 2022. Please submit your payment stubs so that we can ensure your payment is applied properly.
*** If your property is paid by escrow, the statement you received is for your information only. It is not necessary to notify the office that your property is paid by escrow. ***
Following are the payment options available to you:
- In Office - We accept cash, check or debit/credit card for an additional fee ($2.00 for debit/2.25% for credit). You do not need an appointment to pay property taxes.
- 24/7 Dropbox - Located at the south entrance of the courthouse
- Mail -MUST be postmarked by September to avoid 1.5% penalty. We recommend you pay early; mailing the end of the month does not guarantee a timely postmark.
- Phone - Credit card payment only for an additional fee of 2.25%
- Online – Click the link on our homepage! Convenient, easy, and no lines!
Please visit the Treasurer web page for answers to the most commonly asked questions about taxes, motor vehicles, or drivers license. You may email us anytime at [email protected] or call the office between 8:00 am and 4:30 pm at 641-828-2202. We do experience a high volume of phone calls during this time so please be prepared to leave a voicemail. We will call you back as soon as we can!
Marion County Treasurer