Zoning Ordinance Updates
Marion County Zoning Commission will be reviewing the proposed Marion County Zoning Ordinance updates on October 18, 2022, at 5:00p.m. at Marion County Public Health, 2003 N. Lincoln St., Knoxville, IA and making a recommendation to the Marion County Board of Supervisors following the public hearing.
Marion County has been a zoned county since 1971. Periodically changes, additions and updates are done to accommodate the needs and continue guiding Marion County with organized rural development.
A brief description of the changes:
- Definition changes and additions to support the chapter requirements.
- Additional use allowances
- Utility use allowance in additional zoning districts.
- Utility Scale Solar
- Wind Energy Conversion Systems
- Minimum lot size requirements for C-A; Commercial Ag, C-1 & C-2 Commercial and M-1 & M-2 Industrial of 1 acre.
- Foundation requirements for primary structures
- The zoning of Pershing to R-1; Single Family Residential