Sunny · 61°

Military Records

How to request and receive a copy of military records

Military discharge papers (DD-214s) may be filed in the Marion County Recorder’s office. An original or certified copy is needed for filing purposes.

If you wish to request a certified copy of a military discharge, please complete and return the application. Please send a photocopy of your driver’s license if mailing. Entitlement has to be proven before a certified copy can be issued. There is no charge to record or obtain a certified copy of a military record.

Certified Copy of Military Records Application

Additional resources

Veterans Affairs Director
Michael L. Kuhn, SGM, ret.
Marion County Courthouse
214 E Main Street
Knoxville Iowa 50138
Phone: (641) 828-2201

Back · Marion County Recorder