If you are looking into dust control this year, here is a list of important information and dates to get signed up in time for the upcoming season.
- Dust control is applied twice a year in Marion County. 1st application is May 15 and the 2nd application is July 15th.
- To apply for dust control, you need to contact one of the 4 approved vendors for Marion County on the list provided.
- The deadline for 1st application is April 15th. No late applications will be accepted.
- The deadline for 2nd application is June 15th. No late applications will be accepted.
- Flags can be picked up at any County Shop, or at the Engineer’s Office. Flags must be up by April 15th and maintained by the customer until October 1st.
- Roads will be prepped for dust control prior to each application. Marion County reserves the right to maintain the road within a dust control area should there be an issue that is a safety concern for the traveling public.
- Dust control season ends October 1st and regular maintenance will resume.
Please refer to the full Dust Control Policy for additional questions, or call the office at 641-828-2225.