Our civil process duties include:
- Original notices and petitions
- Sheriff sales
- Room and board reimbursements
- Protective orders
- Involuntary commitment of persons with mental illness and/or substance abuse
- Duties related to condemnation of private property
- Execution and return of all writs and other legal processes issued by lawful authority
Steps for Obtaining Service of Papers
- The direction to the Sheriff form must accompany paperwork, directing the sheriff to whom and where to serve the civil paper.
- Civil papers require a $100 advance deposit fee for service. Additional defendants or cases may require additional fees. If the fees incurred exceed your advance deposit fee, you will be billed for the difference.
- Along with the letter of direction and a $100 advance fee, the Sheriff’s Office requires two copies of the paperwork to be served.
- Eviction Procedures
- Eviction - 30-Day Notice of Termination of Lease
- Direction to Sheriff for Serving Civil Process