Onsite visits are conducted by video (contact visitation is not allowed). Remote (video) visitation through our inmate visitation system (TurnKey) is also available, which requires you to go through inmatecanteen.com and set up an account. This process needs to be done by parties that are not confined to the jail.
- All visitors are required to be authorized before a visit is allowed.
- A photo ID is required before a visit is allowed
- Staff will document the visits
- All visitors and items brought into the lobby and visitation area may be subject to search as a condition of visitation,
- Items include, but are not limited to, bags, backpacks, sacks, purses, parcels, etc. Failure to submit to a search will be an automatic cause for rejection from the visitation area.
The Marion County Sheriff’s Office will not be held responsible for visitor’s personal property.
The Sheriff, Jail Administrator or designee may suspend, deny or terminate visits if there is suspicion or belief of potential harm to a visitor, inmate, staff or safety and security of the facility is in jeopardy.
On-site visitation hours are Thursdays and Sundays from 5:30 P.M. to 9:00 P.M. Visits are limited to 20 minutes. Visits through inmatecanteen.com are available Monday through Sunday from 6:00 A.M. to 11:00 P.M. except on Thursdays and Sundays during on-site visitation times.
Age of Visitors
A minor visitor, under the age of 18, must be the inmate's immediate family member in order to visit. The minor must be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian and legal proof of the relationship must be proven.
No visitor under the age of 14 will be allowed to visit on-site, no matter the relationship to the inmate.
Conduct and Behavior
The jail staff may monitor visitor and inmate conduct during visits, which are also recorded. Inappropriate conduct may result in restrictions, suspension or termination of visiting privileges.
- Commissary orders are offered twice a week.
- Money may be brought to the Marion County Sheriff’s Office and placed on the inmate’s account using the TurnKey kiosk located in the lobby.
- Cash, Master Card and Visa are acceptable ways of depositing money to an inmate’s account using the kiosk.
- Commissary may be purchased online for individual inmates at inmatecanteen.com as well as depositing money on individual inmate’s accounts.